Summer has already arrived, and I know what you are looking for – a perfect air conditioner buying guide. Well, this is the ideal time when air conditioners come to our mind to provide us relief from heatwaves.
No doubt, air conditioners have become more affordable with time. But we still face difficulties while picking the best air conditioner for ourselves.
I have prepared this guide, which will help you in this entire process of buying the best air conditioner.
Things you should consider before buying an air condition:
- Types of Air Conditioners
- Cooling Capacity
- Ratings and Efficiency
- Invertor AC vs Non-Invertor AC
- Copper vs Aluminium Material
Air Conditioner Buying Guide: Consider These 5 Points
1] Types of Air Conditioners
There are two types of air conditioners: Window AC and Split AC.
There are no restrictions on whether you should go for a window air conditioner or split air conditioner. It depends on your budget and room area as well. In case you are still confused about both of them.
Below I have mentioned the pros and cons of window air conditioners and split air conditioners.
(A) Window Air Conditioners
- Window ACs are suitable for small rooms. However, your room should have a window for installation.
- These kinds of ACs are easy to install. You still need some labor for the framework and fitting purpose.
- It can also be helpful in winter to keep the room warm.
- The servicing and maintenance of window ACs are easy.
- It does not acquire much space in the room.
- Window ACs are too noisy because it comes with an in-built compressor.
- You have to sacrifice the daylight to use the window air conditioner.
- Window ACs are not made for large rooms. It is compatible with small rooms only.
- The water dripping from the AC’s back can fall on someone’s head.
(B) Split Air Conditioners
- It cools the room much faster as compared to the window air conditioner.
- Split ACs can be installed anywhere inside the room without any window.
- It makes less noise.
- It can cool different parts of your home.
- The installation of a split air conditioner demands skilled worker.
- It is expensive than a window air conditioner.
- It will require some space outside of your home.
[You Might Find Useful: 10 Gadgets To Avoid in 2021 – Pritesh Pawar]
2] Cooling Capacity
Now, you must have heard about the cooling capacity in air conditioners such as 1 ton, 1.2 ton, 1.5 ton, and so on. Cooling capacity is one of the essential factors that you should consider while buying an AC.
However, the cooling capacity depends on the size of your room and the environment inside it. Moreover, as the weight increase, the price increases proportionately.
If your room size is around 9×10 ft., then a 1-ton air conditioner is sufficient for your room. Besides that, if your room size is about 10×11 ft., then a 1.2-ton air conditioner is adequate to chill your room.
Here, I am mentioning a table for all kinds of room sizes.
|1 Ton Capacity
|1.2 Ton Capacity
|1.5 Ton Capacity
|2 Ton Capacity
3] Ratings and Efficiency
You will always observe a rating on heavy appliances such as refrigerators, televisions, etc. This rating applies to air conditioners as well.
The rating usually shows how efficient your appliances are. The rating ranges from 0 to 5. Now, as the rating increases, the price of air conditioners increases proportionately.
Suppose you have a tight budget and can not afford a five or four-star rating air conditioner. No issues, you can go with a three-star rating air conditioner. Three-star rating air conditioners are efficient enough and save an ample amount of energy.
There are a lot more things to consider. Read the AC buying guide till the end.
4] Invertor AC Or Non-Invertor AC
If you are looking for an efficient, eco-friendly, and cost-effective air conditioner then inverter air conditioners are the best ones for you.
Besides that, if you are looking for a regular air conditioner, you can go with non-invertor air conditioners.
Inverter air conditioners are smart enough. It regulates the cooling as per the temperature inside the room so that you do not need to control it.
Moreover, it cools the room quickly and cooling remains inside the room for a long. Whereas, non-inverter air conditioners take time to do their work.
Are you still confused between them? Let me list the benefits of inverter ACs or non-invertor ACs.
Benefits of Inverter ACs
- Less noise
- Cools room quickly
- Provides consistent cooling
Non-inverter ACs have only one benefit, which is less expensive.
5] Copper Or Aluminium Material
Now, air conditioners come with two different materials, which are copper and aluminum. Copper is always preferable over aluminum because of its features.
Copper is much easier to repair as compared to aluminum. On the other side, aluminum is not easy to repair. However, copper is costlier than aluminum.
Moreover, copper cools the room quickly as compared to aluminum. As we all know, copper is a better heat exchanger as compared to aluminum.
These are the things you should consider while buying an air conditioner.
This is the Air Conditioner Buying Guide for you. We hope you found this AC buying guide helpful.
That’s all for this article.
Looking for some gadget recommendations?
Check out | Buyer’s Guide